Patient Services Associate - JumpStart Program
Last Updated:Oct 23rd, 2021
Patient Services Associate - JumpStart Program
Now hiring Students Interns and Recent Graduates to join our JumpStart Program as Patient Services Associates!
Patient Services Associates work in a dynamic and compassionate customer service role providing telephonic and web-based, where applicable, customer service support.
The JumpStart program is designed to give talented individuals the opportunity learn the fundamentals of our industry while supporting our patient teams through re-enrollment season. After the program, they have the opportunity to interview for a full-time position in Spring/Summer 2022!
- Performing patient level benefits verifications as applicable for all major medical and pharmacy benefits plans.
- Completion of the template forms that provide patient level benefits Coverage Determination Summary.
- Coordination of prior authorizations based on payer guidelines and in compliance with law, regulation or guidance.
- Review of patient assistance enrollment forms and any supporting documentation to assess patient eligibility for participation as per SOPs and program guidelines.
- Determination of patient’s eligibility based upon program criteria for qualification.
- Communicating the patient’s eligibility to the patient, healthcare provider, and/or consignment pharmacy.
- Answer and assist inbound callers through resolution utilizing answers to frequently asked questions or by warm transferring callers to other appropriate individuals.
- Actively listen to each customer, assess needs, and respond with demonstrated patience and courtesy.
- Review and identification of information that is missing and/or incorrect within program service requests/program applications.
- Reporting of Adverse Events/ Product Complaint inquiries received in accordance with SOP and good manufacturer practices.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Effectively uses our internal technology platform, CORscend, to complete claims processing and keep workflows moving.
- Communicate with key medical practice accounts, sales representatives regarding the status of cases. Provide consultative services where issues arise on how obstacles can be overcome to get patient on paid therapy.
- Associates are expected to be patient focused and committed to providing the highest quality customer service all while maintaining a sense of compliance and commitment to abiding by company policies and procedures.
- Strongly prefer those in school working towards a Bachelor's Degree graduating by Spring 2022 or recent college graduates
- We are looking for students or recent graduates that can work 30+ hours per week between the hours of 8AM - 8PM
- This is a temporary position with the opportunity to interview for full-time in Spring/Summer of 2022
- This is a position in professional healthcare services in an office based setting located in PharmaCord's Jeffersonville, IN office - some travel to these three offices for training may be necessary
- This is not a remote opportunity and only available to those who live in the Greater Louisville or Southern IN area
- All employees working onsite in a PharmaCord facility are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- At the end of 2021, we will be relocating to our new address in the River Ridge Commerce Center at 150 Hilton Drive, Jeffersonville, IN. You must be willing to work in this location; PharmaCord does reimburse for tolls if applicable.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel as needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to type 35 WPM with 97% accuracy.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
- A compassionate patient services-oriented environment
- Benefits of a dynamic and growing organization
- A challenging, hands on role that will have real impact on the business
- Competitive hourly compensation
Any offer of employment is contingent on completion of a background check and drug screen to company standard. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At PharmaCord, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. PharmaCord is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about us? Find us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Glassdoor, Twitter & Facebook!