Multimedia Production Intern
Last Updated:Dec 7th, 2021
Multimedia Production Intern
The City of Fishers is seeking a college intern to support the multimedia production needs of the organization’s Community and Public Relations department. This position will support the organization and communicate key initiatives, plans, and investments for residents and business owners in the city. This position requires a creative individual who can work independently to create videos, photos, and graphic design materials for internal and external use. This internship is scheduled for October 2021 – May 2022 but the schedule can be flexible based on the student's class schedule. There is an opportunity for this internship to extend through August 2022. This would be a part time internship, aiming for 20-25 hours a week, with occasional special events, including nights and weekends, throughout the internship.
- Execute multimedia requests in a fast-paced environment with tight turnaround time. This includes planning, design, editing, and delivery of aesthetically pleasing and engaging media packages, including graphics, photography, video, and sound.
- Work with internal departments to plan and produce various multimedia projects for internal and external use. Must be comfortable working with stakeholders without direct supervision.
- Provide creative direction for internal stakeholders and their project requests while adhering to brand guidelines and maintaining brand consistency.
- Retouch and edit photography and graphics according to brand guidelines.
- Provide graphic design support using Adobe software, Canva, and other softwares.
- Help to maintain City’s photo asset management system, Brandfolder, including uploading and tagging photos.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be currently enrolled in courses that support duties and responsibilities including but not limited to video production, multimedia, graphic design, or a related field;
- Previous internship experience preferred;
- Proficient across multiple creative and design platforms including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other online production and desktop publishing tools, plus experience with video editing platforms;
- Basic knowledge of marketing and adapting multimedia tools to target key audience demographics and user experience;
- Interest in industry best practices and innovative tactics across all media formats;
- Creative, flexible, self-directed, problem solver with an attention to detail and strong communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to take and apply project feedback quickly;
- Vehicle to travel during work hours for video and photo shoots;
- Ability to attend some events outside of work hours (nights and weekends) for onsite video and photography.
Find More Opportunities
Other opportunities at City of Fishers