Last Updated:Oct 17th, 2021
Growing Places Indy is seeking a Content Creator to join our team for our Fall 2021 Internship Program. Interns will work closely with the communications team to help create, prepare, schedule, and post content on all of Growing Places Indy’s social media accounts. We are looking for someone passionate about social media and our organization. The internship will be part-time remote with in-person events that are mandatory to attend. This position reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with staff from other departments and community partners to provide active learning and networking opportunities.
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, etc.
- Create an engaging blog and social media content
- Assists in scheduling both paid and organic content
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, target audience, program goals, and all other aspects of the organization
- Work with team to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.
- Brainstorms campaign ideas based on current media trends
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns
- Other duties assigned
- 2+ years experience using/managing social media platforms
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Powerpoint, and other MS Office products
- Problem-solving and excellent multitasking skills
- Team player with good time-management skills
- Willingness to say “yes” to a variety of projects